**Offer valid Sunday – Friday
California Wine Tours is celebrating 25 years as Wine Country’s most popular, fun and entertaining wine touring professionals. We have spent years developing great relationships with wineries and with training our driver/guides in order to make your experience personable and fun. Whether you are a novice or an experienced wine connoisseur, the entire California Wine Tours team pledges to create a wine tour perfect for every visitor. We have 2 options for Wine Tours: Daily Group Wine Tours and Private Wine Tours
Daily Group Wine Tours
Napa – Take a five hour tour through the popular Napa Valley with stops at four wineries. We visit Flora Springs, Alpha Omega, Beringer, and Hill Family Estate Winery. Starting at $99.00 per person
Sonoma – Visit the historic and scenic Valley of the Moon and the birthplace of California’s Wine Country. This five hour tour stops at four wineries with time for lunch on your own at Ledson. We also visit Kunde with a tour of their caves, VJB and St Francis. Starting at $99.00 per person
San Francisco to Napa – See the best of land and sea with this wine country adventure. This eight hour adventure starts with a ferry ride across the Bay to Vallejo and then joins our Napa Valley tour. Return to San Francisco via the ferry. Offered Monday through Friday only. Starting at $129.00 per person.
The Experience – Based on where you are staying, you select either Napa or Sonoma Valley and spend five hours with other Wine Country visitors on a wine touring adventure. We have selected four to five wineries which we believe offer a great selection of wines, views and experiences. This is a fun tour where you will be paired with other travelers and have a chance to make new friends. We limit the tour to 10 people so it is always an intimate experience. Our drivers are also expert guides so they will provide narrative along the way about local sites, winemaking and area history. Don’t worry if this is your first wine tour as the driver will give you an intro on how to taste wine. No snobs here. We believe wine is meant for enjoyment not idol worship!
What is Included? – In addition to the driver/guide and chauffeured vehicle, we also include the tasting fees at the wineries.
Pick-up Locations for the Tour – We pick-up and drop-off at several local hotels. If your hotel is not listed, we can either add it as a pick-up location or find the closest place for you to meet up with the tour. Prior reservations are required so we know where to pick you up.
Current pick-up locations and times (call for other options):
Pick-up Locations for Napa Valley Tour
10:30 am – Embassy Suite – 1075 California Blvd., Napa
10:40 am – Marriott Napa Valley – 3425 Solano Avenue, Napa
Pick-up Locations for Sonoma Valley Tour
10:15 am The Lodge at Sonoma – 1325 Broadway, Sonoma
10:20 am MacArthur Place – 29 East Mac Arthur St., Sonoma
10:25 am Best Western – Sonoma Valley Inn – 550 2nd Street West, Sonoma
10:35 am Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn – 100 Boyes Blvd, Boyes Hot Springs
Private Wine Tours
Each private wine tour is unique and custom created for each guest based on where you are staying, your wine preferences, the number of people and the type of day you want to have – serious wine tastings/collection or a day of fun and exploring.
How we design a Private Wine Tour
• The number of guests determines the options for the vehicle.
• Where are we picking you up? Is it a local hotel, private residence or San Francisco hotel? This helps us determine the length of time of your tour, including the travel time to and from your starting point.
• Do you have specific wineries you would like to visit or do you want us to suggest places to visit?
• Wineries require appointments for groups over 8 people. Our team will work with you to determine which wineries you would like to visit and then we can move forward on securing appointments at the wineries (small set-up charge may apply).
• Most wineries don’t require appointments for 6 of fewer people. However, some wineries are only open by appointment (Cakebread, Duckhorn, etc.) so we will work in advance to determine if you want to visit any wineries which require advanced arrangements.
• For larger groups, some wineries may have size restrictions on the vehicles based on their driveways and access roads. We will determine the access options as we design the itinerary.
• Tasting fees at the wineries are additional. These may range from $10.00 per person/per winery to $30.00 per person/per winery depending on the wineries you want to visit. Typically, you will pay the tasting fees directly to the winery. If you want this all pre-paid (some wineries will not accept pre-payment), we can include all this in our services for the day.
• Amenities – Limos, Limo Buses and Hummers include sparking wine and bottled water. We can arrange for waters, ice coolers, sodas, box lunches, cheese trays, other beverages and any other amenities your would like added to the vehicle or during your tour.
• Wineries offer many different levels of tastings, tours, blending sessions, food and pairings all at various levels of fees. We can assist with creating an itinerary which includes these upgraded and special experiences as well.
• We also assist with catered lunches at the wineries as well as restaurant reservations.